Membership in the Estate Planning Council of New York City, Inc. has many benefits. Below is just a small sampling of how membership in our Council can benefit you:
Access to an elite crowd of engaged estate planning professionals. Because membership in the Council is voted upon by the Board of Directors, each new member is vetted for their background and current activity in the Estate Planning field. With a membership of around 300, and most members renewing year to year, there is ample opportunity to get to know the other players in the industry.
Admission to our evening networking / educational programs. The Council offers four evening programs per membership year, two dinner meetings and two cocktail receptions. In addition to networking with other members and invited guests, the meetings also include an educational component and typically include continuing education credits for each of the disciplines represented in our Council.
Discounted Admission to Estate Planners Day. As a member you receive special pricing for our annual one-day educational meeting, Estate Planners Day. Traditionally held in May, Estate Planners Day offers a full day of educational programming with continuing education credits, an exhibitor hall full of companies with goods and services that will benefit your practice, and plenty of time for networking and socializing.
Admission to our other Members Only Events. In addition to the four meetings, the Council also offers a variety of other events, both education and social for our members. These typically include:
- Brown Bag Programs. Throughout the membership year, the Council offers free Brown Bag Programs to our members. Typically, a breakfast or lunchtime event, Brown Bags are offered 5-6 times per year.
- Auction House Reception. Over the past few years, the Council has been the guest of some of the area auction houses for private cocktail receptions that feature auction house staff providing an intimate "behind the scenes" glimpse of what is coming up next on the auction block.
-New Member Breakfast. The New Member Breakfast is an invitational event for members who have joined the Council within the past three years; prospective members, the Board of Directors, and Past Presidents are all invited to network and socialize. This event allows new members to become better acquainted with the Council Leadership and the organization as a whole.
Access to Members Only Resources. All of our members have a log in ID and password that gives them access to a number of EPCNYC website resources that are not available to the public. This includes:
- The Membership Directory. A full listing of our Active Members with their contact information.
- Presentation Archive. Each of the presentations and handouts that our speakers have provided to us are stored online for future reference. The Archive includes the presentations from our four evening programs and Estate Planners Day.
- Member-Suggested Useful Resources. Want to know what our members are using to help them in their practices? This online resource library will get you started.
Member Benefits - NAEPC
In addition to the perks of local Council membership, EPCNYC's membership in the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils (NAEPC) provides our members with additional benefits. Below is a short list of the types of benefits offered to our members through the NAEPC. Visit the NAEPC Benefits page on their website for the full list.
- Educational Opportunities
- Subscriptions and Publications
- Discipline-Specific Information
- Marketing and Website Design Services
- Presentation Materials and Office Supplies
- Programs and Services for Council Development
- Other Benefits, Programs & Services
- Complimentary Resources
For more information regarding membership, please contact Amber Pusatere at 855.293.0784.